Blog postsJune 29, 2017
Why Your Delivery Promise Matters
In May, we launched FLEXE Next-Day Fulfillment, our on-demand fulfillment solution that enables retailers to reach 98% of the U.S. with next-day ground delivery.
As part of the launch, we created a calculator that surveys retailers on their current demand pattern and percentage of the market they can currently reach with next-day delivery. The output is a report that details how many fulfillment centers it would take to reach 98% of customers with faster, more affordable delivery.
The calculator is still live, but after receiving more than 300 responses, we decided to take a look at the data.
- The majority of retailers (70%) have a general U.S. demand pattern that isn’t specifically weighted in a given territory
- 68% of respondents can’t reach their customers with next-day delivery and only 7% say they can
- 60% of U.S. households are Amazon Prime members, of which the core benefit is free, two-day shipping
- 69% of online shopping carts are abandoned
- 74% of shoppers abandon shopping carts because shipping costs are too high and delivery times are too long
- 73% of customers want free shipping options
- 60% want guaranteed delivery dates
- Meeting customer demands with more affordable, faster shipping
- Adding locations to your fulfillment network to take advantage of ground delivery rates
Click on the below infographic for a larger view.