eCommerce and omnichannel retail have increased the demands on retailers and brands. On-demand warehousing and fulfillment offers them an alternative to traditional warehousing solutions.
In “The State of On-Demand Warehousing,” find out about:
- Key warehousing challenges impacting the retail industry, including the tight real estate market and inventory fluctuations
- How on-demand warehousing solutions alleviate warehousing and fulfillment challenges
- Trends in the FLEXE marketplace pricing and usage
Key learnings in this report:
- Managing inventory fluctuation is a challenge for businesses: 74% of survey respondents report that fluctuating inventory levels result in excess capacity, or excess inventory without a place to store it.
- There is a clear need for new warehousing solutions: 90% of businesses who deal with inventory fluctuation need additional capacity throughout the year.
- Inventory fluctuation is getting harder to control and predict: 49% of survey respondents report that the drivers of inventory fluctuations are increasing.
- Businesses are forfeiting money: The majority of respondents (44%) accept excess capacity as a “sunk cost.”
- Available capacity exists: More than half (54%) of respondents with excess warehouse space have between 10,000-100,000+ square feet available.
- The applications for on-demand warehousing are evolving: In 2019, 77% of businesses that use on-demand warehousing services use it for fulfillment, a 48% increase from 2017.