More than 9,100 stores closed in 2019. Meanwhile, Amazon moved to one-day shipping for Prime members, and others tried to follow suit. But, it’s a new year ... and decade.
2020 is going to be the year of the supply chain. Retailers and brands will continue to innovate, focusing on modern logistics strategies, and logistics network optimization will fuel and improve the retail experience to get more products closer to end consumers.
Here are the top 9 predictions for 2020:
- Heavy/bulky delivery makes moves
- Delivery gets personal
- Stores make a comeback
- The ultimate move is your supply chain
- Disruptions are no longer disruptive
- Robots aren’t coming for your job
- Businesses get serious about sustainability
- Retailers recession-proof their strategies
- This is the year CPG’s go digital
Download the whitepaper to learn more about our predictions around how the retail and logistics industries will transform in 2020 and where businesses will focus most of their time.